Balancing Solar Plexus (Manipura) Chakra
Posted on November 02 2020
Do you choose your path? Or do you allow your life's path to choose you?
Do you create your own current?
Do you feel confident most of the time?
Are you full of self-judgment?
Are you accepting of who you are?
All amazing questions to ask yourself when trying to determine if your solar plexus chakra is out of balance. Let's dive into what the heck the solar plexus chakra is, and how you can balance it!
What Is The Solar Plexus Chakra?
The solar plexus chakra is located right above the navel in the, you guessed it, solar plexus. It is represented by the color yellow and can be visualized as a swirling yellow orb of light.
In Sanskrit, it is known as the manipura chakra, which translates to "lustrous gem of the city". It is the seat of your power.
It is associated with self-confidence, personal power, sense of purpose, and self-esteem.
Why Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra?
Life is happening FOR you, not TO you. Do you see the distinction there? When your solar plexus chakra is out of balance, you don't fully believe in the innate power you have to create your life.
Balancing this chakra can help to shift that perspective and boost your self-confidence.
The solar plexus chakra is associated with the fire element. Imagine that when you balance your solar plexus you are igniting your personal flame.
How Do You Know If Your Solar Plexus Chakra is Imbalanced?
You can tell if your solar plexus is imbalanced because you tend towards aggressive and dominating behavior. You have low self-esteem and self confidence. Because you believe that you are out of control of your life, you become passive and inactive. Your vision for your life is unclear.
Physical issues associated with the solar plexus chakra include extra stomach weight, fatigue, digestive issues and overeating.
How To Balance The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Chant the seed sound of the solar plexus chakra, which is Ram
- Wear the essential oil scents such as saffron, musk, clary sage, juniper, and ginger
- Wear, meditate with or carry crystals such as tiger eye, citrine, yellow tourmaline, pyrite, and amber
- Practice yoga poses such as sun salutation, boat, and chair.
- Take up a new hobby to sharpen your mind and increase your self-confidence in your abilities
- Eat yellow foods
- Wear the color yellow
- Practice affirmations such as, "I am confident and feel better and better each day. I am worthy. I am capable. I am motivated to pursue my interests."
Now that you know what you can do, let us know what you will be incorporating into your daily life to balance your solar plexus chakra.