How To Create a Vision Board
Posted on April 02 2019
Planning to Create a Vision Board for Law of Attraction? Here Are Some Tips!
If you’ve been studying the Law of Attraction, then you might have come across the term “Vision Board”. This is essentially a visual tool that consists of a collection of positive words and images that help you clarify and maintain focus on either a specific life goal or to attract better things in your life in general.
The specifics behind a Vision Board vary depending on people who make them. There are a variety of ways you can make them as well. Some people prefer to make actual physical boards/collages while others like to make digital ones that they use as their computer wallpaper.
The great thing about it is that you don’t even have to spend much money on it. It can be easy to create as well. All you really need in order to make a physical one are magazines, catalogs, scissors, poster board, glue, printing paper, etc. Or, if you want to make a digital one, all you need is a PC and some type of board/wallpaper creation software.
Why Make a Vision Board?
The act of making the board itself is beneficial as it puts you in a bit of a meditative state. Think of it as a personal retreat. Focusing on its creation helps you stay distracted from things that might be troubling you and hindering your positive thinking.
After its completion, every time you look upon it and put energy towards it, you are giving it more power. Seeing the things you want to attract in front of you helps you better visualize obtaining and having those things in your mind.
In short, creating one of these boards helps motivate you to stay focused on achieving your goals and attracting the things you want most.
Tips for Making a Vision Board
- Decide if you want to make a board centered around a single goal, or if you want a board with a lot of positive imagery and words in general. You can make one large board to focus on, or several smaller boards, each with its own theme. For example, one board could center around your dream home while another could center around love and romance to help you attract your dream partner.
- A lot of experts recommend making a physical board since it allows you to actually touch the images you are using that symbolize what you wish to attract. If you don’t have any old magazines or catalogs lying around, ask friends and family. Go through them and cut out any image or words that draw your attention and give you a positive feeling. Once you have everything gathered, it’s time to start creating your board.
- A Vision Board created digitally still has its benefits since most people make their purchases over the internet these days anyway. You might be ready to go if you have a Pinterest account. You can use this leading social media site to create boards. Just search for images of things you want to attract in your life and “pin” them up to your board.
- You can take your own photographs too. This makes the symbolism in the board more personal. If you know how to use Photoshop, place an image of yourself standing next to your dream home, or standing in front of a famous monument you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Regardless of how you make it be sure to spend time every single day just looking at your board and meditating over it. You can also put it right next to the television or computer monitor while watching a funny movie since laughter is a great way to generate positive vibes, and those vibes will give the board more power.